Greetings from the Canterbury Community Association!
The CCA is pleased to announce that we will be resuming our class schedule on Monday, February 22, 2021 at the Canterbury Community Centre.
The City of Ottawa is returning to the pre-lockdown and stay-at-home order status in the Orange Level. All previous rules regarding masks, physical distancing, and class numbers will continue to be in effect.
During February and March, we will offer the remainder of the classes from the Fall Session.
Here are the new dates for these classes:
- Group Fitness, 50+ and Zumba (4 weeks) ~ Week of February 22, March 1, 8, and 15.
- Sit Fitness (2 week) ~ Week of February 22 and March 1.
- Yoga classes (2 weeks) ~ Week of February 22 and March 1.
- Cardio Mix via Zoom (4 weeks) ~ Tuesdays February 23, March 2, 9 and 16 at 11:45 am – 12:45 pm.
- Yoga via Zoom (2 weeks) ~ Thursdays February 25 and March 4 at 11:45 am – 12:45 pm.
- Zumba via Zoom (4 weeks) ~ Thursdays February 25 and March 4, 11 and 18 at at 10:30 am – 11:30 am.
Kids Dance Program:
- 2 weeks remaining from the Fall 2020 session.
- Saturday classes: February 20 and 27
- Weekday classes: Week of February 22 and March 1
Martial Arts: Karate and Cardio Kickboxing Classes:
- Current Winter 2021 session schedule will continue (No make up classes necessary)
- In-person classes resume Monday February 22, 2021.
- Sensei Richard will be contacting registered participants this week to coordinate the in-person and zoom rotation schedule.
REGISTRATION FOR THE NEXT SESSION
Despite the continuation of the coronavirus pandemic, Ottawa is seeing a light at the end of the tunnel with vaccine distribution among the population. To facilitate this, the City of Ottawa has designated the Canterbury Community Centre as a mass vaccination site for the community. As a result, we do not know what impact this designation will have on our activities in the building.
Registration for classes beyond the Fall Session make up dates is, once again, on hold. Until we have more information regarding the City’s use of the building, we cannot offer registration. We simply do not know how many classes we can offer, how much space will be available, or what times and days to schedule.
More information regarding our next session, extra weeks of classes, or additional Zoom offerings will be available as soon as possible.
Many thanks, again, for sticking with us.
Jennifer Malisauskas (email@example.com) and
Marisa Fusaro (firstname.lastname@example.org)